Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Shack week

I know, I know, is been a long time since I last blog. I had a long and painful last week, Wednesday took hald day to go for my NS IPPT, in Cat 'Y' now, for those who do not know what's cat Y means, is it for people age 25-29yo. My results drop, I still hate those two stations, standing board jump and chin-up, these are my weakest link. Looks like I needed to train more but at least I still barely pass the IPPT, sibei heng ar.

Soon it was Saturday, I need to work, damn it, so many people shopping at Citilink and Marina Square, I am so busy at work. After Work meet up with Yan for dinner and laze over at my place, because I need to wake up early the next morning for the Standard Chartered Full Marathon, she had to go home early that night. I wish I could spend a little more time with her, sorry Yan, for my busy schedule. I set my alarms at 3am, I miss it, woke up at 5:50am, heard the train passby my house I am thinking how come there's train so early at 3am? (at that point of time, I did not see the time yet) After I saw the time, "Sh*t!!" I shouted, I did not wanna give up the chance for a marathon, I fast wash up, rush down for a cab. No cab around I ran to the train station and took a train down. On my way down, I only took half of the cerel bar.

I reached about 6:30am, so I was 1hr late for my full marathon I had to run together with the half-marathon runners. At the first few km of the race was still ok not until I reach ECP, it's a very long stretch down, from the beginning to the other side of ECP and U-turn back, it was already 21km pass the Bedok jetty and back to the beginning of ECP 30km. At my 33km, I couldn't take it anymore I felt like giving up that time but I keep telling myself "just a few more to go, just a few more to go" My legs wore out, I couldn't run anymore so I had to walk the remaining 9km back, I walk pass the Stadium, Kallang Netball Center, Singapore Flyer, Esplanade and when I saw 42km I was so happy and try to start to slowly jog my way back to the finishing line. I collected my Finisher Tee and Medal, so happy, that sense of achievement, hard to describe. Took me 6hrs 32mins 28secs to finish it.

After the marathon, I found 4 blisters on my toes, 2 on the left, 2 on the right, both left/right calfs and thighs cramped, backache. Face and shoulders sunburned, knees were hurting a little too. Both ankles are having blue black too luckily Monday is a holiday, if not die man hahaha...

Mel One and SL jio me to Adidas sundown on May 2009, 84km. I still considering lol see how it goes. Wan Zhi says she wanna run too, anyone wanna run too?



No comments:

Now Playing: